The Orthopaedic Therapy Clinic is 35 years old this year. We are excited to celebrate this with our community, our patients, former staff, and our medical community.
Here is how you can join our celebration
We love to hear from our community! Use the form on our Celebration page and wish us well or tell us how we’ve made a difference in your life.
Take a trip down memory lane with us! See our montage of photos of the amazing physios and other professionals who have worked with us over the years. Click here to see our photo album. If you have a photo or video that you would like to share, please email them to us — firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate by getting stronger and healthier!
Nothing makes us feel better than you becoming stronger, healthier, and out of pain. As part of our celebration, we are offering educational or exercise sessions to help you transition from therapy to fitness. Keep an eye out for our new sessions:
Taylor Sipos – FREE How to prepare for golf season session
Our registered Physiotherapist, Taylor Sipos, is an avid golfer. This class will help you to know the exercises you need to complete regularly to get ready for a pain-free and awesome golf season. Date TBA.
Susan Sinclair – FREE Try an Alexander technique class
Susan Sinclair is an Alexander/Pilates teacher. We often cross-refer when our patients are ready to go to these new levels. Take this free class to learn about how the Alexander technique can improve your posture by working less hard! Keep an eye on your e-blast newsletters to register in this class.
Free Tenzr demo
TENZR gamifies your therapy to help you stay motivated and challenged in your home exercise program.
If you are recovering from a wrist fracture, tennis elbow, rheumatoid arthritis, or any other wrist/elbow injury, TENZR could be a great addition to your rehab program.
Celebrate by joining the conversation and help us know what has worked for you
We are all about telling you why things will help you however we don’t always have a brand name or a model to share. Now we want to hear what has specifically worked for you.
Is there a chair you found for home that you just love?
What about the mattress that has helped you to sleep?
To help our community help each other over the next few months our e-blast newsletters will have surveys on topics that affect injuries and recovery. We will be asking you to share what works for you and will publish the results on our Facebook page. Our first surveys will be:
- How to choose a mattress. In addition to the video by Maureen Dwight RPT we are asking our community to weigh in on which mattresses have been best for their backs and why. If you have recently bought a mattress or are looking to get a new one please complete this survey.
- What to look for in a pillow. In addition to the video by Maureen Dwight RPT we are asking our community to tell us which pillows have been best for you. Is it the shaped pillow or the memory foam? What do you use when you travel. If you have recently gone pillow shopping, tell us what has and hasn’t worked for you.
- Next topics: Buying a chair for home, how to lift your fur-baby, etc., etc.
Don’t forget to Reserve your space for our next Healthy Back Online Exercise Series and receive a free class. For more information click here
Our goal is to help you Graduate from Therapy to Fitness. Our 6-week online series builds on your therapy and helps you to:
- Get stronger
- Become more active
- Reduce your low back pain
We are also offering promotions when you take this course:
- Free access to “Finding your neutral start position”. This course will help you determine how to position your back while completing your exercises.
- If you have taken any of our Healthy Back classes before, you can register for then Safe Stetching class for $25+HST. When the date of our new courseis announced watch your inbox for a coupon code or contact us below if you haven’t received it.
Low Back Intermediate strength class with John Gray New Course to be announced soon. This 6-week course is for you if you are looking to increase your strength and function without hurting your low back. The course is $130.00+HST, and includes all 6 classes. The videos of each class will be available to keep you going for 6 months after the course.
Upon registration of John’s class, you will also receive free of charge:
- The Safe Stretching Course for your back
- Finding your neutral spine videos