Healthy Back On-Line Exercise Series – Safe exercises for your back
One of the challenges in this pandemic has been to stay fit, particularly when you have pain or injuries. Your therapists at The Orthopaedic Therapy Clinic recognized how difficult this has been for our clients and have been working on a number of initiatives to help you to exercise safely.
We know that many of you are selecting on-line programs. Some of these programs are confusing and most are not back specific. We would like our clients to exercise with people who understand how to get you stronger through exercise and to limit your risk for low back pain.
We are excited by your interest in our live Healthy Back online back series and decided to make some changes to allow more people to participate. Beginning in mid- April, we are offering 2 new on-line classes each week for people who have experienced low back pain when they exercise.
Who should participate?
These classes will be suitable for most backs as each exercise will be completed in a spinal neutral posture. If your back is a bit more particular about its directional preference https://orthophysio.com/healthy-back-on-line-exercise-program-directional-preference/, you can still participate as each exercise will also include a reminder of a modification for flexion or extension preference.
Your classes will be led by one of The Orthopaedic Therapy Clinic’s exercise professionals. Aniela Amio, Pilates/Yoga instructor https://orthophysio.com/pilates-and-yoga/ and John Gray https://orthophysio.com/our-team/therapeutic-fitness-professionals/, Registered Kinesiologist both have extensive experience in helping people who have back pain to exercise safely.
Technique is critical to getting the most out of these classes with the least amount of discomfort. To help this work for you we have enhanced our use of technology to allow us to provide more immediate feedback. Now if anyone wants immediate feedback, just leave your video live and the instructor will correct any concerns with your technique. We will not be recording the sessions.
Sessions will be limited to 8-10 participants. A minimum of 8 is needed to host the class.
Which Safe Exercise class is right for you?
Healthy Back Basic Mat On-line Class for Low Back pain
If you are able to complete light exercises you should benefit from Aniela Amio’s, Pilates/Yoga Instructor, basic mat class for low back pain. (Watch the Video)
This series of 6 weekly sessions is gentle however it will help you to build your strength as exercises will be progressed throughout the series.
This Zoom group class starts on Thursday April 29th, from 5:30-6:10 PM.
- CLASS 1: Thursday April 29, 2021 5:30 -6:10 PM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 2: Thursday May 6, 2021 5:30 -6:10 PM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 3: Thursday May 13, 2021 5:30 -6:10 PM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 4: Thursday May 20, 2021 5:30 -6:10 PM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 5: Thursday May 27, 2021 5:30 -6:10 PM- Click Here for class details
- CLASS 6: Thursday June 3, 2021 5:30 -6:10 PM – Click Here for class details
Healthy Back Intermediate Strength On-line Class for Low back pain
If you need more challenge take John Gray’s, Registered Kinesiologist, intermediate-level strength class for backs.
This series of 6 weekly sessions will build your strength as exercises will be progressed throughout the series.
This Zoom group class starts on Saturday April 24th, 2021 from 10:00-10:30 AM
- CLASS 1 Saturday April 24, 2021 10:00-10:30 AM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 2 Saturday May 1, 2021 10:00-10:30 AM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 3 Saturday May 8, 2021 10:00-10:30 AM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 4 Saturday May 15, 2021 10:00-10:30 AM Click Here for class details
- There is no class on May 22 of the Victoria Day weekend
- CLASS 5 Saturday May 29 2021 10:00-10:30 AM – Click Here for class details
- CLASS 6 Saturday June 5, 2021 10:00-10:30 AM – Click Here for class details
The fee is $105 + HST for the entire 6 week session. Individual sessions will be offered at $20 + HST per session only if there is room in the class one week before the session date.
Register at 416-925-4687
If you have any questions about the program or would like more guidance on whether you should participate you can reach out to your therapist directly. Or send an email to email@example.com and this will be forwarded to the right person to assist you.
We are looking forward to helping you to stay fit and healthy. Look for our other new programs coming soon!